Skip to content
The following rules apply to all members and visitors in the Shed, whether they are frequent or occasional users of machinery and equipment.
- Never work on your own in the shed.
- Wear suitable attire for operating machinery or equipment.
- Keep equipment and the surrounding area clean and tidy at all times.
- Inspect all machinery and tools prior to use. DO NOT use faulty equipment!
- Always seek instruction before using an unfamiliar equipment.
- Only use tools and machines for their intended purpose.
- Report any damaged / worn equipment. DO NOT use it until it has been repaired.
- Where machine guards are provided they MUST be kept in place at all times.
- Never distract shedders attention when operating equipment or indulge in horseplay.
- Always use your appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Always use the correct tool for the job.
- Long hair, Ties, Jewellery, and loose clothing must be covered, removed or restrained.
- No alcohol on the premises, or to be drunk before attending the Shed.
- Report all accidents or near misses.
- Turn off machinery after use.
- Wear personal protective equipment -PPE- (Ear defenders, Masks, Gloves, Hard Hats, Eye Protection) As required.